Solutions to Improve the Quality and Affordability of Healthcare
TurningPoint Healthcare provides a comprehensive suite of innovative Surgical and Implantable Device management solutions that support health plans, employers and accountable care organizations to improve patient care and significantly reduce costs. We manage nearly a billion dollars of surgical procedure charges annually with proven and effective results.
59 Skyline Drive,
Lake Mary, FL 32746
Proven Results: Quality, Safety, and Savings
The results of our programs consistently demonstrate meaningful reductions in the cost of care and help to improve patient safety and quality.
TurningPoint has developed an innovative and unique set of services and capabilities that enables us to work collaboratively with physicians, hospitals, surgery centers, and implantable device manufactures to better manage healthcare costs and quality than traditional utilization management companies.
Are you a Payer?
Whether you are a health plan, employer, or ACO trying to manage Surgical Procedures and Medical Device Costs, there have historically been very limited tools available to help you succeed.
Are you a Provider of Care?
We can help Providers of Care navigate the significant challenges and complexity of the healthcare system, enabling them to provide high quality, cost effective care to their patients.
Are you a Patient?
As a patient, understanding the complexities of the healthcare system is often a frustrating and expensive process that is further complicated by the limited tools and solutions available to support you.
Implantable Devices & Surgeries
The implantable device industry has grown rapidly with health plans having few controls and little transparency to manage their costs. Expenses have increased over 100% in the past ten years, while recalls with serious adverse events have increased 900% over the same period. Payment integrity and utilization challenges continue to rise, while physicians have limited understanding of device costs and few tools available to support savings and quality. Additionally, health plans and their members often experience dramatic cost variability of $10,000 to $20,000+ for the same medical procedure, even within the same metropolitan market, depending upon the surgical facility where the surgery is performed.
TurningPoint has developed an innovative and unique set of services and capabilities that enables us to work collaboratively with physicians, hospitals, surgery centers, and implantable device manufactures to better manage healthcare costs and quality than traditional utilization management solutions.
We help payers to Significantly Reduce Healthcare Costs
- Reduce clinically inappropriate utilization of surgical procedures, biologics, and implantable devices
- Optimize implant costs and therapeutic interchange opportunities
- Enhance provider contracting and management capabilities
- Promote quality based site of service optimization
- Enable enhanced analytics and implant cost transparency
- Improve claims payment accuracy and controls
- Surgical cost transparency and education for Patients
- Episode, Bundled Payment, Carve-out and Fee-for- service solutions
- Identification and management of high risk patients
- Reduced readmission, revision and patient complications costs through better outcomes and improved quality
We Improve Safety, Quality and Affordability for your members
- Product recall and safety monitoring
- Implantable Device and Biologics manufacturer accountability
- Evidence based treatment plan management and interventions
- Clinical transparency and measurement support tools
- Surgical best practices and comorbidity management
- Improved outcomes
- Lower out of pockets costs
We Work collaboratively with Physicians, Hospitals and Surgery Centers
- Reduced administrative work for doctors and practices
- Pay for performance awards
- Enhanced network support
- Practice analytics and performance monitoring tools
Industry Leaders & Clinical Experts
The foundation of our company is TurningPoint’s industry leading clinical staff and executives. Our team of highly specialized Industry Experts, Medical Directors, Peer Reviewers, and Clinicians have an unapparelled level of depth, expertise, and passion for clinical excellence:
- Three former presidents of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- The former Chairman of the Louisiana State University Medical Center’s Orthopaedic Department and University of Colorado’s Orthopaedic Department
- Two of AAOS’s former Board representatives to CMS overseeing all Spine related billing and coding changes
- The former president of the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Multiple past regional and state orthopedic association presidents, including the former President of the New Jersey Orthopaedic Association
- Former Chief of Staff for the Houston Shriner’s Children Hospital
Our company is URAC accredited and a licensed third party administrator head quartered in the Orlando, Florida metropolitan area.
Whether you are a provider of care or health insurance, or just a patient looking for more information on what we do, we're here to help.
59 Skyline Drive, Suite #1100
Lake Mary, FL, 32746